1 in 3 Campaign Campus Activists – Bringing the Campaign to Your Campus
The 1 in 3 Campaign partners with student organizations on college campuses across the United States to engage in cultural advocacy. 1 in 3 Campaign Campus Activists work to destigmatize abortion and promote access to abortion services. Members of 1 in 3 student chapters serve as activists, advocates and spokespeople on abortion access in their community and around the country. Once a year, two representatives from each chapter are brought together for training and planning for the upcoming year and provided with materials to use on their campus.
The goals of 1 in 3 student chapters are to:
• Harness the power of storytelling to engage and inspire action and strengthen support for abortion access.
• Challenge the culture of shame placed on women who have abortions.
• Increase public awareness of the importance of abortion access.
• Educate the media on issues related to abortion access.
• Advocate for policies that promote access to abortion services and challenge policies that limit or stigmatize people’s access to abortion services on a local and national level.
The 2014-2015 1 in 3 Campaign Campus Organizers:
Bronte | Jessica | Melodi | Sarah | Ashley | Claire | Lucy | Alexandria | Rocio | Tallyn | Irene | Graciela | Carly | Ramona | Brianna | Jodi | Jodi | Zoey | Emily | Giovana
If your group is interested in becoming a 1 in 3 student chapter, please contact us at: email@example.com
Get Started as a 1 in 3 Campaign Campus Activist Now With the 1 in 3 Toolkit
The 1 in 3 toolkit is a great resource for college students interested in doing abortion related activism on their campus. It outlines concrete activities and actions student groups can conduct to work toward destigmatizing abortion and promoting access to abortion services in their communities.
1 in 3 Campaign Materials Available
T-shirts, buttons, posters and stickers are available for sale online in the Advocates for Youth Shop. Also check out the 1 in 3 book – 1 in 3: These Are Our Stories, available for purchase through the Advocates for Youth Shop, Amazon.com, the Kindle Marketplace, the Nook Store and the iBookstore. Proceeds support the 1 in 3 Campaign’s efforts in the United States and internationally.